Monday, October 6, 2008

Best. Song title. Ever.


Découvrez Frank Zappa!




"Don't eat the yellow snow" by (the Great) Frank Zappa on "L'Apostrophe" (March 1974) :


Dreamed I was an Eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...



And my mama cried
Bou-ouh-ouh-ouh
And my mama cri
ed
Nanook, a-no-no Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty Eskimo




Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh Well I turned around And I said : Ho Ho




And the northern lights commenced to glow

And she said, with a tear
in her eye :
"Watch out where the huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow"

"Watch out where the huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow"



Pictures of "Nanook of the North" a documentary of Robert J. Flaherty - USA/Canada - 1922 (found on www.dvdbeaver.com)






And now some quotes of the Great Zappa cause it's monday morning and we badly need it :



It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice – there are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia.

The idea of people sticking things up their nose in order to be groovy is really repulsive.

Being interviewed is one of the most abnormal things that you can do to somebody else. It's two steps removed from the inquisition.

Beauty is a pair of shoes that makes you wanna die. ("Beauty Knows No Pain" on album You Are What You Is.)

Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny. ("Be-Bop Tango")


Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. ("Heavenly Bank Account")


Rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, in order to provide articles for people who can't read ("Ben Watson interviews Frank Zappa" October 1993 in Mojo Magazine.)

There is no hell. There is only France. (From "Church Chat" of "You Cant Do That On Stage Anymore")

To me — absurdity is the only reality.

Consider for a moment the beauty of the name "Ralph". (In an interview with Joan Rivers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

il est pô sympatsique avec les journalistes...

The Glorious Nosebleed said...

Oui. Mais c'est tellement vrai... (gros soupir)